I picked up a bunch of berries at the market and got to creating. The blackberry suggestion quickly turned into a multiple berry and gluten free buckwheat cobbler. I'm so happy with how it turned out! I have totally fallen in love with my recipe. With honey and pure maple syrup as the sweeteners, and the cobbler topping filled with fiber, oats, and seeds, you could also enjoy this healthy dessert for breakfast!
A crowd pleaser no matter who you're feeding. It's a guilt-free dessert that would be perfect for any summer affair. As always, I recommend buying local berries if possible.
Berry & Buckwheat Cobbler
For the cobbler topping:
1 Cup Buckwheat flour
1 Cup gluten-free oats
1/2 Cup chopped almonds or sunflower seeds (I used sunflower seeds)
2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup pasture butter, melted
1/2 Cup local honey
For the berry filling:
18-20oz berries (I used blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry)
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the berry filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the cobbler topping with a fork.
- Grease a glass baking dish or ceramic pie dish with pasture butter or coconut oil.
- Pour in the berry filling. Then, top with cobbler topping.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. This step is optional, but the cobbler topping will turn out better if it is chilled.
- Bake for 35 minutes and enjoy! Will keep in the refrigerator for 4-6 days.